The Inland Fisheries Research Survey Schedule is available for download at:
|Click on the image for a better view|
MLL / L : Lake Liambezi Monitoring Program / Limnology / UNAM / Polytechnic
(9 Days / Bi – monthly).Logistics – Ms V. Mumba
KBBS : Kavango Biological Survey (15 Days / twice a year).
Logistics – Mr G. Hamutenya
OBS : Orange River Survey (14 Days / once in a year after every two (2) years).
Logistics – Mr L. Kukuri
ZBS : Zambezi Biological Survey (25 Days / twice a year). Logistics – Mr Munwela
KBS : Kunene Biological Survey (9 Days / once in a year after every two (2) years). Logistics – Mr M. Ekandjo
KGS : Kunene Genetic Surveys or other systems (9 Days / once a year).
Logistics – Mr M. Ekandjo
CAS : FAO (MFMR Scientist and NNF). Logistics- Mr. Burger
KSF : Science Forum Swakop (3 Days) .Logistics – Mr F. Botes
Crockango : Crockango Angling Competition (4days and one night) - Mr. G Hamutenya
PAR : Protected Area Research towards M.Sc (2 days, week-ends; Total 63 boat days)
Mr. R. Burger and other professional anglers (up to 8), Research area
Kavango river (Shamvura and Mahangu areas)
- Fishing competitions and disease surveillance programmes may be slotted at any given time.
- The ZBS and KBBS are proposed to be done, twice a year to account for species change
during high and low water levels.
- The Kavango, Zambezi and Chobe Rivers are associated with the highly pulsed floods;
hence fish composition may vary depending on the magnitude and during of inundation.
- CAS to include Lessons on Research Design / Proposal Writing and Research Write –up.
- Frame Survey dates to be announced